About the Role
Wavicle is looking for a Contract Specialist/Contract Manager to assume this newly created role in our growing organization. This role is responsible for drafting and negotiating client and partner contractors. Specifically, Services Agreement, Statements of work, NDAs and Vendor Contracts using a coordinated effort with designated legal counsel and finance, as necessary.
Additionally, this role serves a partner to internal leaders such as legal, finance, compliance, corporate risk, information security, physical security, privacy, insurance, business continuity and business risk to determine requirements and provide advice regarding business issues, such as deal terms, risk assessments, margin requirements, customer concerns, strategy, and company policy. This role requires a solid understanding of how to balance risk with business objectives and successfully drive transaction closures.
- Structures, drafts, reviews, and negotiates moderately complex prospect and vendor agreements involving a wide variety of subject matters, including master service agreements, statements of work, facilities or corporate vendor agreements, and marketing agreements.
- Communicates with and advises practice groups and senior management to determine terms for governing agreements. Advises on approach and applicable enterprise policies, standards and frameworks to build consensus on approach and execution.
- Ensures that programs, policies, procedures, and controls are implemented in a manner that is compliant with Company policy. Supports internal audits and reviews.
- Review, address, and correct as required, all SOW’s and/or contracts. Work with designated Legal and Finance representation to draft and modify licensing and service contract terms in accordance with policies, customer specification & legal/financial requirements.
- Reviews incoming contract /SOW review requests for:
- Financial soundness
- Alignment to margin requirements
- Works with finance to verify funding for proposed requests.
- Oversees the maintenance and integrity of all contract and statement/quotes files.
- Oversees the execution of signatures by vendor and internally for approved agreements.
- Informs requester of major status changes as needed.
- Creates and maintains a Contract file for each agreement. This involves pulling necessary information from the agreement.
- Maintains an organized central repository for all company contracts and contract forms, with role-based security access.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- 2+ years working as a Contract Specialist/Manager for an IT consulting services firm is required.
- 3 -5 years of experience in drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Experience in contract negotiation, administration, and close-out, including preparation of subcontract flow-down provisions.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to proactively handle a variety of routine and non-routine, and often complex, contract drafting assignments.
- Practical and proactive problem-solving skills, with critical thinking ability to partner with project teams and management globally.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings under deadlines and sometimes at short notice.
- Confident ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing business environment.
- Communicates changes effectively, builds commitment, and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to understand the underlying direction and executes accordingly. Takes ownership for actions, keeps commitments, and commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Demonstrates high ethics and morals consistent with being a key gate keeper for sourcing decisions.
- Proficiency in standard computer programs, online applications, and other technology tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Builds and maintains organizational processes that provide for streamlined efforts to aid in the contract lifecycle – from start to close.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university, with a Juris Doctorate in law considered a plus.
- Management capabilities and experience are considered a plus.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement, and other agency FAR supplements considered a plus.